If you are interested hearing about new projects, please fill in the NEW ENQUIRY form and we’ll be in touch when a project becomes available.
“Over the year I have seen a complete transformation in [the young people referred to LYT]. I can proudly say they are in education due to LYT’s positive involvement with them.”
Have you previously been a member at LYT and want to build your skills as a youth arts director or facilitator? We may be able to offer you paid work experience to build your CV and learn new leadership skills. Contact Subira or call 020 8318 2508 to find out more.
Learn the skills you need to kickstart your career as a creative workshop facilitator.
Other ways to get involved:
- Check out our Senior Youth Theatre page for performance opportunities for 16-21s
- Need support getting to your next step? If you’ve ever taken part in LYT projects, and would like support figuring out how to move on to your next steps, get in touch for mentoring. Email Amy or call 07375 940 516
- Watch Opening Doors: find out more about creative careers through this Q&A with famous professionals
- Volunteer: LYT offers volunteering opportunities across our programmes for ages 18+. Check out our volunteering page or email Ania.
- Find New Opportunities: follow our Bulletins page on Instagram or our website
Watch This Space to find out more about upcoming projects.
Previous Projects for 16-24s:
Young Touring Company: A unique and intensive training opportunity for young artists to create and perform a play for and about young people. The Young Touring Company is made up of 5 young theatre makers, aged 16-24, who come together to create and tour a new play. Supported by a professional production team, they take on roles as performers and production assistants to devise, produce and tour the play to schools and youth settings across Lewisham. The play uses Forum Theatre – an interactive theatre technique that gets the audience to try out solutions to the characters’ problems. Young Touring Company’s performances Stacked (2019) and Follow the Leader (2018)
Life Skills Project: Helping you get to where you want to be. A project for 16-24s, not in full-time education or employment who want help with thier next steps. We are currently running adapted versions of this project with partners across Lewisham, including Lewisham Virtual Schools and Abbey Manor College.
“This has been an eye-opening experience.
It’s really prepared me for my future.”
Want to know what other young people have thought of Life Skills?
Listen to this podcast made by participants Matthew and Katrina:
How To Take Part:
In order to take part in Step Up, you must:
- Be aged 16-24 and be able to attend day-time activities
- Live or learn in the London Borough of Lewisham
- Not be in full-time education, employment or training