Fill in a New Enquiry Form and we’ll be in touch with available projects & opportunities.
Who can be a member of LYT?
If you live or learn in the London Borough of Lewisham, are aged between 8-24, attend no other after school drama provision and want to find out more about theatre and performing – both onstage and backstage, then Lewisham Youth Theatre could have a project for you.
OUR CURRENT PROGRAMMES
We are currently delivering a range of activities and planning new activities for our new space at 142-144 Lewisham High Street.
If you are interested hearing about new projects, please fill in the NEW ENQUIRY form and we’ll be in touch when a project becomes available.
Projects we are currently running:
- Open Sessions and Creative Hub Taster Workshops – a chance for you to find out more about LYT!
- Hatch – a creative project for 18+ that gives Young Creatives the opportunity to develop their own creative practice.
- My London Youth Social Action project for young people aged 11+ interested in making a difference in their community
Projects & Events Coming Up:
- We are Recruiting for our youth theatre projects for 8-24s starting in January.
- We are Recruiting for our backstage theatre projects for 13-18s starting in February.
- To register your interest, please sign up via our New Enquiry form
- My London Youth Summit, 15th November from 6-8pm, at The Valley, Charlton Athletic, SE7 8AN – FREE & open to all young people (aged 10-20).
What’s it like to be a Member of LYT?
Hear from our members about what they get out of LYT’s projects:
How do you make sure projects are safe?
You can find out more about how we risk assess our work and keep participants safe on our policy page.
How do I sign up?
If you’d like to hear more about these project, make sure we have your details by filling in a New Enquiry Form. We’ll be in touch when we’re recruiting for a project in your age group.
Learn more about how we recruit for and allocate places on projects: download our Project Recruitment Strategy
REFERRALS TO LYT PROJECTS
What We Offer: We provide additional support to children and young people in need who are referred to our projects. Support includes:
- one-to-one meetings with participants and parents/carers/workers to help young people access our activities,
- ongoing individualised support throughout the project
- bursaries for additional theatre trips/opportunities.
Referral Criteria: We accept referrals of children and young people aged 8-24 who are ‘in need’ and could use additional support to engage in our projects.
LYT defines participants ‘in need’ as:
- Coming from families in receipt of means-tested benefits;
- Having a disability, special or mental health need (including a processing/learning difficulty, autism spectrum disorder or high anxiety);
- Coming from disrupted families (including looked-after children, young carers, those known to social services or bereaved young people);
- Facing marginalisation or requiring additional support to take part (including those with English as an additional language; young immigrants, young people who have been or at risk of exclusion)
In order to take part, young people must:
- Want to engage in drama or technical theatre sessions
- Live or learn in Lewisham
- Attend no other after school drama group
- Be able to work in a group without one-to-one support
- Priority is given to those in state/free schools, academies or home schooling
We ask young people to be keen to take part and to commit to the full project. We do not offer drop-in sessions.
How to Refer: If you work with a Lewisham young person who could benefit from LYT’s projects, please complete a Referral Form and return it to our participation manager. LYT staff will contact you to discuss the best way to support the young person to access LYT’s projects.