“Over the year I have seen a complete transformation in [the young people referred to LYT]. I can proudly say they are in education due to LYT’s positive involvement with them.”
For 18-25s interested in becoming creative workshop leaders & facilitators
February – March 2024
Join us for a FREE training course leading to PAID work experience. Find out more and APPLY HERE! .
The Workshop Leader Training Programme is support by the Skinner’s Company and National Lottery Community Fund.
Are you a Young Creative who wants to develop your own creative practise?
LYT’s new initiative for 16-25 year olds!
Hatch is a creative project that will aim to give Young Creatives the opportunity to develop their own creative practice: as writers, performers, directors and producers, through creative development sessions.
- Young artists will take part in forum sessions to create networking opportunities.
- Exploring and creating work and engaging in conversations with established artists from global majority backgrounds.
- Creating work drawing from your cultural heritage.
- Young artists will further develop their work with the support of LYT to showcase 3 day festival in LYT’S Creative Hub.
- 4 commissions for young artists to progress and showcase their project at the Broadway Theatre in April 2024.
If you’re interested in taking part, contact Subira or call us on 020 8318 2508.
Hatch is supported by Arts Council England, National Lottery Community Fund and Lewisham Council.
FREE DESK SPACES
Are you already a member at LYT and need a space and/or laptop to work?
Whether you need a space to rehearse for an upcoming audition or play, you want to work on a creative writing piece, or you’re seeking advice in your creative career, drop into the Creative Hub at LYT from Monday-Thursday, 10-6pm. Contact Isla on email@example.com to find out more.
Are you already a member at LYT and want to support other young people build their confidence and creativity? Become a peer mentor, and work with lead facilitators in a professional setting, to help support young people on our projects. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8318 2508 to find out more.
Other ways to get involved:
- Check out our Senior Youth Theatre page for performance opportunities for 16-21s
- Need support getting to your next step? If you’ve ever taken part in LYT projects, and would like support figuring out how to move on to your next steps, get in touch for mentoring. Email Subira or call 020 8318 2508.
- Watch Opening Doors: find out more about creative careers through this Q&A with famous professionals.
- Volunteer: LYT offers volunteering opportunities across our programmes for ages 18+. Check out our volunteering page or email Natalie.
- Find New Opportunities: follow our Bulletins page on Instagram or our website
Previous Projects for 16-24s:
Young Touring Company: A unique and intensive training opportunity for young artists to create and perform a play for and about young people. The Young Touring Company is made up of 5 young theatre makers, aged 16-24, who come together to create and tour a new play. Supported by a professional production team, they take on roles as performers and production assistants to devise, produce and tour the play to schools and youth settings across Lewisham. The play uses Forum Theatre – an interactive theatre technique that gets the audience to try out solutions to the characters’ problems. Young Touring Company’s performances include Follow the Leader (2018), Stacked (2019), and the current touring show Live it Down.
Life Skills Project: Helping you get to where you want to be. A project for 16-24s, not in full-time education or employment who want help with their next steps. We are currently running adapted versions of this project with partners across Lewisham, including Lewisham Virtual Schools and Abbey Manor College.
“This has been an eye-opening experience.
It’s really prepared me for my future.”
Want to know what other young people have thought of Life Skills?
Listen to this podcast made by participants Matthew and Katrina:
How To Take Part:
In order to take part, you must:
- Be aged 16-24 and be able to attend day-time activities
- Live or learn in the London Borough of Lewisham
- Not be in full-time education, employment or training
If you are interested in being part of LYT fill in a New Enquiry Form.